|My new kettle!!|
I am thankful for...
- My tea kettle. On November 21st, I accidentally let our old kettle boil dry! My husband told me to put it on my Christmas list, but I drink anywhere from 2-4 cups of tea/day. I decided I was NOT going to wait until Christmas to get a new kettle, so I bought one the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. In case you were wondering, my current kettle whistles.
- My health. On November 23rd and 24th, I was busy vomiting and having diarrhea. [Sorry for the TMI, please remember I'm a nurse.] But it made me thankful for the health I usually have. I was thankful I got sick halfway on our journey instead of before leaving or the first hour or two. My husband and I decided to keep trekking to PA.
- My parents and siblings [and spouses]. They came to get Charis on Thanksgiving morning. Drew and I were both sick. I slept on the bathroom floor and Drew slept in the laundry room.
- My SIL and her husband. Who were VERY understanding when I told them what I accidentally did to the carpet because I didn't make it to the bathroom on time. It was after that vomiting incident I decided to sleep on the floor in the bathroom.
- Rug Doctors and the fact that my SIL and her husband have one. See #4.
- My in-laws. They are coming down this week to watch Charis since I work on Friday, and Drew is planning to work on his dissertation.
- Amy. My IRL friend. I was able to see her last Friday [and her two boys] and buy some Christmas presents. Double win!!
- Wolf Creek Yarns. My favorite yarn store. I was able to go their twice. I have most of the yarn bought for Christmas gifts. Now I just need to knit them. :-D
- Drew being able to stay in PA longer than we originally thought he would be able to stay.
- God. He sustains and preserves me. He has given me salvation and to Him alone I am thankful for all these things and people.
Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.
What are you thankful for?
Join us at Gratituesday.