This weekend will be one of recovery for me!! On Wednesday, Charis and I went to the BEACH!!! It was so wonderful. The weather was gorgeous and the humidity low!! L.V. (a friend from church) organized the trip. We went to Cape Henlopen. I woke up on Wednesday at 6:30 because I had to do laundry, which was finished and packed before our ride picked us up-PTL!! We pulled onto the Beltway around 8:40 and 2 hours and 45 minutes later we were at Cape Henlopen. Unfortunately, I had forgotten our lunches, but thankfully our friends were willing to share. I was able to swim in the ocean ALONE as well because a lovely lady from church offered to hold Charis while I swam. (Charis even fell asleep on this lady.) Afterwards, we went out to eat at a pizza restaurant and then parted ways.
This trip had a few firsts for Charis.
- First time at the beach. At first she was not sure about everything, but gradually warmed up.
- First time playing in sand. I bought her some sand toys for her birthday.
- First time in the Ocean. Mama held VERY tightly onto her and she gradually began to like the water
- First time being breastfed at the beach. I'm not sure how much sand she also swallowed, but that did not stop her from nursing.
- First time eating pizza. Well, I think more of it ended up on the floor than in her tummy.
Thankfully, everyone who went on the trip had a safe, uneventful time. Though there were a few sunburns, including me, but Charis did NOT get burnt.
This is posted over at Try New Adventures Thursday.